I hope you have a lovely weekend in store. As for me, I’m organizing the book stacks in my office and photographing a new project, two projects that will pair well with my lengthy list of audiobooks I hope to listen to soon.
My favorite finds from around the web:
- How Clean, Really, Do Our Kitchens Need to Be? Helpful guide.
- The Reading List Behind ‘Nice White Parents.’ Have you listened to this new podcast from Serial yet? I’m hearing great things.
- My family is in love with this cinnamon almond butter.
- Public libraries have been vital in times of crisis – from conflict to Covid-19. And we are so thankful for their service.
- How Mahogany Books adapted to the pandemic and racial justice movement. Great profile of this Black-owned indie bookstore in DC.
- It’s Time to Radically Rethink Online Book Events. This is something the MMD team talks about a lot, especially as we continue our Stay At Home Book Tour events. (I’m chatting with Sonali Dev about Recipe for Persuasion on Tuesday!)
- I’m contemplating this wall art for our guest room. (I just realized that we’ve lived here 3+ years and many of the walls are still bare, yikes!)
- On Jane Austen’s Politics of Walking. “Walking—a way to be yourself that is also a way to pay attention—is a continual integration of experience.”
- Forgiving Design vs. the Forgiveness of Slow Speeds. This fascinated my inner urban planner.
- 11 Groundbreaking Nature Books That Were Written By Women. This pairs well with this post: 14 books about nature to inspire your next outdoor adventure.
Don’t miss these posts:
- Ruby red sangria. This sangria hack is too simple not to try.
Have a great weekend!