Hello and happy Friday! We made it through another week around here. I’m planning my weekend around watching Harry Potter #6 with my daughter and walking Daisy between the forecasted rain showers. And of course, I’ve got a nice stack of books that “need” my attention. I hope you have a lovely weekend in store.
My favorite finds from around the web:
- Behold Dune: An Exclusive Look at Timothée Chalamet, Zendaya, Oscar Isaac, and More. Fans of the science fiction novel should be pleased.
- Book Releases Delayed Due To COVID-19 Pandemic. I’ve been trying to keep track of this as I work on the Summer Reading Guide. This list doesn’t have all of the books that have been pushed back but it’s a good start.
- I am soooo ordering this puzzle.
- The Weirdly Enduring Appeal of Weird Al Yankovic. Read this. Trust me.
- How to support indie bookstores during quarantine. Lots of great ideas here.
- A Week of Outfits: Joy the Baker. A favorite cook, a laid-back vibe, a New Orleans setting: what’s not to like?
- I have sensitive skin and I appreciate being able to try a bunch of high-quality sunscreens easily with the Sephora sun safety kit. Of all the ones I’ve tried over the years, this is my favorite.
- Why Is Everyone Suddenly Obsessed With Sourdough? This is a fun interview with Robin Sloan.
- My friends Maile Silva and Shawn Smucker are organizing a free book club for kids (ages 12 – 16) that will run for six weeks. You can get more info and sign up here.
Don’t miss these posts:
- 6 favorite independent bookstores. Normally I’d be making plans for Independent Bookstore Day but it’s postponed this year. At least we can still buy from indie bookstores online!
- My first year with the bullet journal. A look back at what I learned, why it works for me, my favorite supplies, how I use it (and how I’ve tweaked it), and a few of my favorite tips and tricks.
Have a great weekend!