Hello and happy Friday! It feels like I’ve spent the whole week talking—it surprises me every time how much talking a book release requires! I’m starting this weekend with Friday coffee planning, and then I hope to get plenty of reading in, along with some writing and lots of Daisy-walking.
I hope your weekend is exactly what you need. Here are some interesting reads and enjoyable things to get you started.
My favorite finds from around the web:
- Philly’s newest ‘Little Free Library’ is filled with yarn instead of books. This is such a great idea!
- I’m so happy I Think You’re Wrong (But I’m Listening): A Guide to Grace-Filled Political Conversations is now available in paperback!
- These Meyer lemon and fresh cranberry scones are always a hit at my house. (Deb says they freeze beautifully but we’ve never had the opportunity to find out.)
- Written Soundscapes: Dialogue and Music in Katrina Jackson’s Layover. FASCINATING. “Podcasting lives in an intermediate space between written fiction and music: like fiction, podcasting often has dialogue and narrative storytelling; like music, it relies on a listening audience and often similar platforms like smartphones and streaming apps.”
- 5 Cheap Ways To Make Your Apartment Feel More Luxurious. These tips apply to non-apartment dwellers too.
Don’t Overthink It: the quiz!
What kind of overthinker are you? Take this quiz and find out.
Don’t miss these posts:
- 10 audiobooks to listen to while you clean, purge, and tidy. A sign of a good audiobook is that I find myself eager to fold another load of laundry, put away every dish, wipe down the counters and maybe even the range hood. I keep working so I can keep listening.
- When family therapy is worth it: 5 myths about counseling, plus my 5 favorite things about it. If you’ve been thinking about getting counseling for yourself or your relationships, I hope this will help nudge you to follow through.
- The furniture you live on, and the furniture you live around. This has been such a clarifying distinction.
Have a great weekend!