What are your weekend plans? This weekend I’m going on my first college visit since I was seventeen years old, after which I’ll probably need to read two books to recover. Send good vibes?
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
My favorite finds from around the web:
- Contemporary African American Authors You Should Be Reading. Great suggestions here and be sure to check out the recommendations in the comments.
- Aren’t these floral pajamas the cutest? I adore this product line.
- Everything We Know About the New ‘Rebecca’ Movie on Netflix. We don’t know much more than when this article came out in November 2018 but it apparently is in post-production and will release sometime this year. Fingers crossed!
- What everyone can learn from parents of big families. “But normal large families do make trade-offs as they grow — and often learn a liberating secret: Many “requirements” of modern parenting aren’t requirements at all.”
- Don’t miss your chance to enter this Don’t Overthink It giveaway while it lasts!
- ‘Your throat hurts. Your brain hurts’: the secret life of the audiobook star. “Good narrators inhabit characters and engage listeners, but they also get through 100 pages of text a day.”
- How 12 authors turned their book dedications into grand romantic gestures. These are so great!
- Mount Dora prepares to celebrate the life and legacy of author Jane Austen. This looks like a DELIGHT. And for those traveling to Mount Dora, FL this weekend: check out Barrel of Books and Games while you’re there!
- Have you seen this Anne of Green Gables-inspired bedtime story? I’m grateful to my fellow readers for keeping me in the know.
- I had such a fun conversation with The Girls Night Podcast!
Don’t miss these posts:
- 43 favorite fictional couples. This was such a fun list to put together!
- If you’re in the mood for a good real life bookish love story, Chelsey and Curtis talked about getting engaged in a bookstore in What Should I Read Next episode 164.
- My first week with the bullet journal. A great look back at where my love of #bujo first began.
- “I need to live like this is my home.” This feels like a good reminder: “But it turns out you can’t find out what you want by waiting. You find out by doing, by experimenting, by trying something and living with it for a bit.”
Have a great weekend!