I wear makeup almost everyday. I didn’t always: I’ve worn lipstick since high school, and added a little eye makeup in my twenties, but I didn’t wear it much.
My 29th birthday was the turning point, when my makeup use went from sometimes to everyday. 29 was a traumatic birthday for me. I had had my 3rd baby just two weeks before my birthday, I was exhausted, and I looked it. Mascara helped me at least look awake, and I’ve been wearing it nearly everyday since.
I thought I was in the solid majority with my everyday makeup habit, but I saw some interesting links on the internet last week that made me wonder how many women really do wear makeup regularly. When I polled you on the MMD Facebook page about your makeup habits, I was surprised by the results:
It turns out, those of us who wear makeup nearly everyday are in the minority, at least according to this unscientific Facebook poll. I’m curious to hear more about your makeup habits, and today I’ll get the ball rolling by sharing mine. Here’s what’s in my makeup bag. This is the stuff I wear everyday, and it takes me about 5 minutes to put on each morning:
- Clinique lipstick in Tenderheart, my very favorite neutral lipstick. (I also carry a tube of Clinique Black Honey Almost Lipstick in my purse, which runs a close second.) Clinique Quickliner for Lips in Honeystick works with both shades.
- Lancome eye liner in Black Coffee.
- Clinique eye shadow/blush, because I am a Bonus Time junkie.
- Clinique mascara, another Bonus Time goodie.
- I wear a touch of drugstore powdered foundation three seasons of the year, but never in the summer, so I don’t have any to show you.
So, that’s what I do. How about you?
For further reading:
Faith, Ethics, and Work: What Does Success Really Look Like | Faith Permeating Life
I Don’t Wear Makeup | The Earthling’s Handbook
Do you wear makeup regularly? Why or why not?