Readers, I have news for you. I’m teaching an online class in the MMD Book Club called One Hour to a Better #Bookstagram. Bookstagram = Books + Instagram, and this class is an hour-long look at how to use Instagram to find great reads, connect with like-minded readers, spread the book love, and get the most out of the #bookstagram community—and more out of your reading life.
I’ve always been an avid reader, and I’ve always enjoyed Instagram—even though I was terrible at it when I first began. Over the years, I’ve learned how not just to take decent photos (although that certainly helps), but also to use this photography platform to bolster my reading life. In this class, I’ll share what I learned the hard way, so you don’t have to.
Here’s what we cover:
- #Bookstagram basics. We’ll discuss what’s special about this community, why it’s fun for book lovers, and how to thoughtfully engage without feeling overwhelmed/jealous/inadequate.
- The 5 basic types of #bookstagram posts. Book photos don’t have to be boring. We’ll look at a wide variety of photos, and break down what works—and what doesn’t.
- Photography basics. We promise: you can create beautiful book photos using just your iPhone—if you know how to use it. We’ll share a few small, easily implementable tips and tricks that yield big results, making your photos look a hundred times better without a ton of effort.
- Beyond the basics. How do bookstagrammers capture those amazing shots you see online? You might be surprised. We’ll also take a look at Anne’s process—the specific tools, apps, and strategies she uses to create a beautiful #bookstagram account.
- #Bookstagram problems. How to keep simple book shots interesting? How to photograph ebooks? Audiobooks? Library books with their crinkly polyester covers? We have ideas for you.
- How to use #bookstagram as a tool in your reading life. How to track your reading, or your TBR; how to get inspired, motivated, and find your people in the #bookstagram community.
- Practical guidance. We won’t send you on your way without next steps to build your skills (and have fun doing it!). Plus, we were grateful to have some of our favorite #bookstagrammers share their secrets as well!
The class is free for MMD Book club members ($10/month, no obligation, cancel anytime). View our winter Book Club selections here.
Non-members can purchase the class for $15. Click here to visit the shop.
Want to join us?
• If you’re an MMD Book Club member, you don’t need to do anything. You’re all set.
• Want to join the MMD Book Club? Do so right here.
• Access to this and all MMD classes is included with your membership.
I hope this class gives you the information you need to get more out of your reading life—and your Instagram account.
Happy reading, everyone!