If you’re a longtime listener, you’ve heard from today's guest Donna Hetchler before—she hopped on episode 64 and chatted with me about how she tracks what she reads, in our special episode devoted to how 15 WSIRN listeners track their books. As you’ll hear, Donna asked for my help with a little personal project she was putting together...
Today Donna and I dive into her plans for a very special trip she’s taking. It involves the road, a milestone birthday, and a whole bunch of independent bookstores. Donna’s bumped into a fair number of bookworm problems in the planning, and I think you’ll be commiserating with her as she tells you about them.
Donna also had a special request when it came to helping her choose what to read next. I was afraid choosing good books that met her criteria might be impossible, but we work it out—and I am very surprised by her reaction to some of my picks!
I can’t wait for you to hear from Donna for yourself, so let’s get started.
Check out Donna's blog, I Am Your Rabbit, where she chats about entertainment, personal finance, health, and wellness.
Connect with Anne:
Books mentioned in this episode:
Some links are affiliate links. More details here.
• Nancy Drew series, by Carolyn Keene
• Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life, by Barbara Kingsolver
• The Poisonwood Bible, by Barbara Kingsolver
• Emma, by Jane Austen
• Mansfield Park, by Jane Austen
• Northanger Abbey, by Jane Austen
• Persuasion, by Jane Austen
• Pride & Prejudice, by Jane Austen
• Jane Austen: The Complete Works (Penguin Classic Hardcovers)
• Brideshead Revisited, by Evelyn Waugh
• Alice’s Adventures In Wonderland, by Lewis Carroll
• The Wizard of Oz, by L. Frank Baum
• Charlotte Webb, by E.B. White
• The Old Man and the Sea, by Ernest Hemingway
• The Lost Book of the Grail, by Charlie Lovett
• Author Ernest Hemingway
• Middlemarch, by George Eliot
• Life After Life, by Kate Atkinson
• A Room With a View, by E.M Forster
• The Things They Carried, by Tim O'Brien
• How to Read Literature Like a Professor, by Thomas Foster
• Going After Cacciato, by Tim O'Brien