Hey readers, your Tuesday literary matchmaking fix is here!
Today’s guest is Rebecca Smith, who’s joining us from Hampshire. Rebecca is a longtime reader, a former writer in residence at Jane Austen’s House Museum in Chawton, and she currently teaches creative writing in the U.K. She’s the author of Jane Austen's Guide to Modern Life's Dilemmas and the recently published book The Jane Austen Writer’s Club. Around here, we don’t think you need an excuse to love Jane Austen, but if Rebecca needed one, she’d be set, because I found out during our conversation that she is Jane Austen's great great great great great niece.
Today we talk about all kinds of good books—not just Jane Austen, but if you’re a fan, you won’t be disappointed.
Books discussed in this episode:
Some links are affiliate links. More details here.
• Pride & Prejudice, by Jane Austen
• The works of Anne Tyler
• The works of Barbara Pym
• A Long Way from Verona, by Jane Gardam
• The Sidmouth Letters, by Jane Gardam
• A Certain Smile, by Françoise Sagan
• Bonjour Tristesse, by Françoise Sagan
• Emma, by Jane Austen
• Less Than Zero, by Bret Easton Ellis
• My Name is Lucy Barton, by Elizabeth Strout
• Someone at a Distance, by Dorothy Whipple
• A Spool of Blue Thread, by Anne Tyler
• Possession, by A.S. Byatt
• A Whistling Woman, by A.S. Byatt
• The Virgin in the Garden, by A.S. Byatt