It’s Tuesday, which means a new episode of What Should I Read Next!
Today’s guest is Andrea Griffith. Andrea is a former medical librarian, mom of two daughters, and independent bookstore owner, and she came to me with a plea: she misses reading at whim, is craving depth, and wants help finding great books that aren’t relentlessly new, new, new. As you can imagine, I resonated so much with this request and was more than happy to help.
Books discussed in this episode:
Some links are affiliate links. More details here.
• A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara
• My Name Is Lucy Barton by Elizabeth Strout
• Sweetbitter by Stephanie Danler
• Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee
• LaRose: A Novel by Louise Erdrich
• Modern Lovers by Emma Straub
• The Girls by Emma Cline
• The Quotidian Mysteries: Laundry, Liturgy, and Women’s Work by Kathleen Norris
• Gilead by Marilynne Robinson
• Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
• The Secret History by Donna Tartt
• Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
• In Short Measures: Three Novellas by Michael Ruhlman
• The Making of a Chef: Mastering Heat at the Culinary Institute of America by Michael Ruhlman
• Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
• Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry
• Hannah Coulter by Wendell Berry
• Lila by Marilynne Robinson