It’s Tuesday, which means a new episode of What Should I Read Next!
Today I’m talking with Brian Sztabnik. Brian is an English teacher, basketball coach, and podcaster who lives on Long Island with his wife and two sons. Brian and I discuss great literary fiction, books about creative pursuits, reading with others, and high school English.
Our talk took me right back to AP high school English with Mr. Kalb, and I mean that in the best possible way.
Books discussed in this episode:
Some links are affiliate links. More details here.
• Talk Like TED by Carmine Gallo
• Divergent by Veronica Roth
• Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
• Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien
• Mudbound by Hillary Jordan
• Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
• The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
• Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann
• Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut
• Lincoln’s Virtues by William Lee Miller
• Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win by Jocko Willink
• To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
• Macbeth by William Shakespeare
• The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
• Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
• City on Fire by Garth Risk Hallberg
• Where’d You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple
• Euphoria by Lily King
• The Getaway Car by Ann Patchett
• The Patron Saint of Liars by Ann Patchett
Also mentioned in this episode: