Happy Tuesday, readers!
If both Netflix and the bookshelf hold equal value in your heart, you’ll totally relate to today’s guest. Patience Randle (who you may know by her Instagram handle @inkandfable) loves a book with cinematic appeal, especially if it comes with a comfy chair and a great cup of coffee.
Today we’re chatting about books that would make great screenplays, Patience's favorite Kansas spots to enjoy a book and a brew, future novel-writing dreams, what would happen if the apocalypse came to our hometowns, and so much more!
(Hot tip - if you want to hear more about where Patience recommends getting a good drink to go with your next read, check out her blog post 5 Favorite Coffee Shops to Read From. And let me know in the comments where the perfect reading spots in YOUR city are.)
Books mentioned in this episode:
Some links are affiliate links. More details here.
If you'd like to support your local indie, check out Indiebound.com. And by all means, go grab one of these from your local library!
• The Secret History, by Donna Tartt (Amazon | Barnes and Noble)
• The Goldfinch, by Donna Tartt (Amazon | Barnes and Noble)
• No Country For Old Men, by Cormac McCarthy (Amazon | Barnes and Noble)
• The Handmaid's Tale, by Margaret Atwood (Amazon | Barnes and Noble)
• Vox, by Christina Dalcher (Amazon | Barnes and Noble)
• The Beloveds, by Maureen Lindley (Amazon | Barnes and Noble)
• Station Eleven, by Emily St. John Mandel (Amazon | Barnes and Noble)
• Good Morning Midnight, by Lily Brooks-Dalton (Amazon | Barnes and Noble)
• The Nightingale, by Kristin Hannah (Amazon | Barnes and Noble)
• All the Light We Cannot See, by Anthony Doerr (Amazon | Barnes and Noble)
• The History of Bees, by Maja Lunde (Amazon | Barnes and Noble)
• The Fifth Season, by N.K. Jemisin (Amazon | Barnes and Noble)
• Arcadia, by Lauren Groff (Amazon | Barnes and Noble)
Thank you to today's sponsors:
ThirdLove knows there’s a perfect bra for everyone, so right now they are offering my listeners 15% off your first order! Go to thirdlove.com/READNEXT now to find your perfect-fitting bra… and get 15% off your first purchase!
Instead of plugging up your sweat glands, Kopari’s deodorant takes care of any smell without messing with your body’s natural patterns. Say aloha to Kopari! Go to koparibeauty.com/READNEXT to make the safe switch today, and see how you can save five-dollars off your first order!
Blinkist is the only app that takes thousands of best-selling nonfiction books and distills them down to their most impactful elements, so you can read or listen to them in under 15 minutes, all on your phone. For a limited time, you can go to Blinkist.com/READNEXT to start your free 7 day trial.
What do YOU think Patience should read next? Let us know in the comments!