Your Tuesday book-matchmaking fix is here, dear listeners!
November truly is a month of extra special WSIRN episodes - last week, we had 5 days of episodes all about the joy of children's literature (check it out, if you haven't already!) and today we're back to literary matchmaking, with listener Melodee Skiles here to representing all the avid audiobook lovers who want to know what to LISTEN to next!
Melodee is a stay-at-home mom who owns an online literature tutorial business. Books are (clearly) her bag, and while she's taking a short break from tutoring, she wants to revitalize her love of literature by reading outside the bounds of the texts she teaches at work. Like many of us, some of Melodee's warmest memories are of her parents reading aloud to her, so today we're delving into what her favorites have been, what her least favorites have been, and what brilliant audiobook discoveries are right around the corner. (Wink, wink.)
I highly recommend Audible as an accessible, bountiful resource for audiobooks online. Right now, you can get your first audiobook FREE, along with a free 30-day trial. Go to http://www.audibletrial.com/ReadNext to get your free download.
Books discussed in this episode:
Some links are affiliate links, which means at no extra cost to you, you support what we do here on What Should I Read Next. More details here.
• The Winds of War, by Herman Wouk
• The Martian, by Andy Weir
• The Professor & The Madman: A Tale of Murder, Insanity and the Making of the Oxford English Dictionary by Simon Winchester
• The Lake House, by Kate Morton
• The Secret Keeper, by Kate Morton
• Ready Player One, by Ernest Cline
• A Man Called Ove, by Fredrik Backman
• Three Sisters, Three Queens, by Philippa Gregory
• Americanah, by Chimimanda Ngozi Adichie
• Brown Girl Dreaming, by Jacqueline Woodson
• You’ll Grow Out Of It, by Jessi Klein
Also mentioned in this episode:
• 15 audiobooks that enhance your listening experience
• A trick to save big on audiobooks (this is the post where I explain how Whispersync deals work)
• Modern Mrs Darcy's great kindle deals page