It's Tuesday, which means a new episode of What Should I Read Next!
Our guest today is Rose Booth, a technology merchandising director and cinephile who sometimes "feels like she's dating books." Rose loves female protagonists who flout convention and books where reality meets fiction, but she's also eager to fall in love with titles from one popular genre that she hasn't had any luck with—yet.
You can catch up with Rose online at Rosie's Reviews, Ruminations & Reflections, as well as her Twitter and Instagram. Plus, friend her on Goodreads to see if she ends up liking today's recommendations!
Books discussed in this episode:
Some links are affiliate links, which means at no extra cost to you, you support what we do here on What Should I Read Next. More details here.
• Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White
• Harry Potter audiobooks, by J. K. Rowling and narrated by Jim Dale
• The Help by Kathrynn Stockett
• The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert
• Enchanted Islands by Allison Amend
• The Casual Vacancy by J. K. Rowling
• The Cormoran Strike series by J. K. Rowling, beginning with The Cuckoo’s Calling
• Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
• The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
• Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
• Glory Over Everything by Kathleen Grissom
• The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom
• Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
• Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
• A Curious Beginning by Deanna Raybourn
• The Time in Between by Maria Duenas
• My Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante
Also mentioned in this episode:
• Pushing Daisies (TV show), also narrated by Jim Dale!
• Book of the Month Club (get 30% off your first 3 months plus a free tote bag with the code 30TOTE)
Close5 is an eBay marketplace that lets you buy and sell with other users nearby. It’s hyper local: buyers get to set the distance they want to browse in, so you only see items as far as YOU are willing to meet or pick up.
Download Close5 for free in the Apple app store or Google play store today so you can turn your clutter into cash.
EveryLibrary is working to support libraries whenever they are threatened. If you love libraries please sign up to support them or sign a petition for libraries at action.everylibrary.org.
Do YOU have an idea for what Rose should read next? Tell us in comments!