It's Tuesday, which means a new episode of What Should I Read Next!
Of all the guests I’ve talked to, Jessica’s the most consistent with her picks. We have a lot of fun talking about compelling stories and character-driven plots in her favorite genre. She also hates a book that many listeners adore, and she’s not afraid to say why.
Books discussed in this episode:
Some links are affiliate links. More details here.
• The Shoemaker's Wife by Adriana Trigiani
• The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
• City of Dreams by Beverly Swerling
• The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom
• Glory Over Everything: Beyond The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom
• Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
• The Forgetting Time by Sharon Guskin
• The Perfume Collector by Kathleen Tessaro
• Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
• Angle of Repose by Wallace Stegner
• Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
• The Girl Who Wrote in Silk by Kelli Estes
• Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
• Dead Wake by Erik Larson
• Devil in the White City by Erik Larson
Also mentioned in this episode:
• I recommended Jessica's hated book to Janssen Bradshaw in episode 10 here.
• Expert investigates 10-year-old's reincarnation claims on The Today Show.
• When Calls the Heart on the Hallmark Channel
• I recommended Everything I Never Told You to Seth Haines in episode 4 here.
• How a non-fiction writer finds his next subject: Erik Larson on the "dark country of no ideas."