It's Tuesday, which means a new episode of What Should I Read Next!
Of all the guests I’ve talked to, Jessica’s the most consistent with her picks. We have a lot of fun talking about compelling stories and character-driven plots in her favorite genre. She also hates a book that many listeners adore, and she’s not afraid to say why.
Books discussed in this episode:
Some links are affiliate links, which means at no extra cost to you, you support what we do here on What Should I Read Next. More details here.
• The Shoemaker's Wife by Adriana Trigiani
• The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
• City of Dreams by Beverly Swerling
• The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom
• Glory Over Everything: Beyond The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom
• Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
• The Forgetting Time by Sharon Guskin
• The Perfume Collector by Kathleen Tessaro
• Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
• Angle of Repose by Wallace Stegner
• Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
• The Girl Who Wrote in Silk by Kelli Estes
• Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
• Dead Wake by Erik Larson
• Devil in the White City by Erik Larson
Also mentioned in this episode:
• I recommended Jessica's hated book to Janssen Bradshaw in episode 10 here.
• Expert investigates 10-year-old's reincarnation claims on The Today Show.
• When Calls the Heart on the Hallmark Channel
• I recommended Everything I Never Told You to Seth Haines in episode 4 here.
• How a non-fiction writer finds his next subject: Erik Larson on the "dark country of no ideas."
This episode is sponsored by Book of the Month.
Every month a panel of five judges each chooses a book they love; subscribers pick one from that curated list and get it shipped straight to their door with free shipping. It's a fun, convenient, and affordable way to discover books you might not find otherwise.
If you're not interested in any of the selections, you can skip that month.
Book of the Month has a special deal for What Should I Read Next listeners: get 50% off a new 3-month subscription with the code READNEXT. That means you get 3 new hardcovers for $7.50 each.
Can't pick just one? Subscribers can order additional titles each month for $9.99 each. (Free shipping is always included.)
Try Audible for yourself:
Like the podcast? Your review helps the new show so much!
- Tap/click iTunes or App Store.
- Search for "What Should I Read Next"
- Tap/click on the square picture of the book + headphones
- If you're not signed in, tap Use Existing Apple ID. (If you don't have an Apple ID, tape Create New Apple ID.)
- Select a star rating, enter a title, write your short review, and tap/click Send.