It's Tuesday, which means a new episode of What Should I Read Next!
Today I'm talking with my friend and fellow bookworm Leigh Kramer. In addition to being a full-time book nerd, Leigh is a San Francisco resident, fried pickle connoisseur, and lifetime White Sox fan. She has strong opinions about her books, which makes for a delightful conversation.
In this episode Leigh and I discuss the "nearly perfect novel" that she adored and I hated, the book she read at just the right time, how it drives her crazy that some readers love a book she loathed, and a variety of very real bookworm problems.
Books discussed in this episode:
• The Passage by Justin Cronin
• The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
• The Word Exchange by Alena Graedon
• One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Márquez
• The Rosie Effect by
• The Rosie Project by
• Island Beneath the Sea by Isabel Allende
• Hammer Head: The Making of a Carpenter by Nina MacLaughlin
• The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander
• The Art of Memoir by Mary Karr
• Sacred Pauses: Spiritual Practices for Personal Renewal by April Yamasaki
• Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
• The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith
• Still Life: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel by Louise Penny
• Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum
• This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith
Also mentioned in this episode:
Try Audible for yourself:
Like the podcast? Your review helps the new show so much!
- Tap/click iTunes or App Store.
- Search for "What Should I Read Next"
- Tap/click on the square picture of the book + headphones
- If you're not signed in, tap Use Existing Apple ID. (If you don't have an Apple ID, tape Create New Apple ID.)
- Select a star rating, enter a title, write your short review, and tap/click Send.