It's Tuesday, which means a new episode of What Should I Read Next!
Today I'm talking with Cara Strickland, a writer, food critic, and anxious cook who lives in the Pacific Northwest.
This episode covers a lot of ground: Cara and I discuss singleness, sense of place, British chick lit, book boundaries, food writing, and of course, what Cara should read next.
Books discussed in this episode:
Some links are affiliate links, which means at no extra cost to you, you support what we do here on What Should I Read Next. More details here.
• Still: Notes on a Mid-Faith Crisis by Lauren Winner
• Garlic and Sapphires: The Secret Life of a Critic in Disguise by Ruth Reichl
• Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead by Brené Brown
• The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall
• Honeymoon Hotel by Hester Browne
• The Coincidence of Coconut Cake by Amy E. Reichert
• The Clasp by Sloane Crosley
• Places of the Heart: The Psychogeography of Everyday Life by Colin Ellard
• Altar Call by Hope Lyda
• Hip to Be Square by Hope Lyda
• Life, Libby, and the Pursuit of Happiness by Hope Lyda
• Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day by Winifred Watson
• In This House of Brede by Rumer Godden
• The Kitchen Counter Cooking School: How a Few Simple Lessons Transformed Nine Culinary Novices into Fearless Home Cook by Kathleen Flinn
• The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie R. King
Also mentioned in this episode:
Grove Collaborative is offering What Should I Read Next listeners a free spring cleaning kit worth nearly $30 offer with a first order of $20 or more. Click here to get started with Grove and claim your free spring cleaning kit. (Offer good through March 22, 2016.)
If you’re already a happy customer, don’t worry—they have something special for you, too.
Try Audible for yourself:
Like the podcast? Your review helps the new show so much!
- Tap/click iTunes or App Store.
- Search for "What Should I Read Next"
- Tap/click on the square picture of the book + headphones
- If you're not signed in, tap Use Existing Apple ID. (If you don't have an Apple ID, tape Create New Apple ID.)
- Select a star rating, enter a title, write your short review, and tap/click Send.