It's Tuesday, which means a new episode of What Should I Read Next!
Osheta and I discuss the power of fiction, why she loves audiobooks (but only for certain kinds of stories), why she hates a certain much-beloved novel, and her Brown Girls Bookshelf project.
Books discussed in this episode:
Some links are affiliate links, which means at no extra cost to you, you support what we do here on What Should I Read Next. More details here.
- A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
- Pastrix by Nadia Bolz-Weber
- A Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- Attachments: A Novel by Rainbow Rowell
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
- The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl by Issa Rae
- How It Went Down by Kekla Magoon
- The Light of the World by Elizabeth Alexander
- Love is the Drug by Alaya Dawn Johnson
- Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
Try Audible for yourself:
As she says in this episode, Osheta is a huge fan of Audible. Click here to try Audible for yourself today and get two free audiobooks with your free 30-day trial.
Like the podcast? Your review helps the new show so much!
- Tap/click iTunes or App Store.
- Search for "What Should I Read Next"
- Tap/click on the square picture of the book + headphones
- If you're not signed in, tap Use Existing Apple ID. (If you don't have an Apple ID, tape Create New Apple ID.)
- Select a star rating, enter a title, write your short review, and tap/click Send.
Do YOU have an idea for what Osheta should read next or what she should add to her Brown Girls' Bookshelf? Tell us in comments!