Welcome to another Tuesday, readers! It's time for a new episode of What Should I Read Next.
Today we welcome the marvelous Carolyn McCready to the show! Carolyn is one of my favorite people to talk books with, and I'm so excited to include YOU in the conversation today. As an acquisitions editor, reading is truly Carolyn's job. In this episode, we take a little peek behind the scenes of the publishing industry, and of course we dive into Carolyn's reading life—like how her reading journey began in a Baskin-Robbins (ice cream and books, does it get better than that?), This Is Us read-alikes, and the many beautiful, perilous ways the library might start to run your life.
This is a good one, listeners. Let's get to it.
You can connect with Carolyn on Instagram.
Books mentioned in this episode:
• The Brothers K, by David James Duncan
• Tender at the Bone, by Ruth Rechl
• Garlic & Sapphires, by Ruch Reichl
• A Wrinkle in Time, by Madeleine L’Engle
• A Ring of Endless Light, by Madeleine L’Engle
• Meet the Austins series, by Madeleine L’Engle
• East of Eden, by John Steinbeck
• News of the World, by Paulette Jiles (MMD book pick)
• Ruined, by Ruth Everhart
• Lab Girl, by Hope Jahren
• Author Rainbow Rowell
• Wonder, by R.J. Palacio
• Okay For Now, by Gary D. Schmidt
• Author John Green
• The Wednesday Wars, by Gary D. Schmidt
• What I Saw & How I Lied, by Judy Blundell
• An American Childhood, by Annie Dillard
• The Botany of Desire: A Plant's-Eye View of the World, by Michael Pollan
• The Mothers, by Brit Bennett
• My Mrs. Brown, by William Norwich
• Author Kent Haruf, especially Our Souls at Night
Prep Dish is a healthy subscription-based meal planning service. When you sign up, you’ll receive an email every week with a grocery list and instructions for prepping your meals ahead of time. After a couple of hours on the weekend, you’ll have all of your meals ready for the entire week. Choose from gluten-free, paleo, auto-immune protocol, or the Whole 30-compliant reset plan.
Prep Dish’s founder Allison is giving What Should I Read next listeners a free two-week trial. To get started with this amazing deal click here to go the PrepDish site and use the code READNEXT to get your free two-week trial. You can’t beat that!
Try ThirdLove’s best-selling 24/7 T-shirt bra for FREE for 30 days, just cover shipping! Start your trial now.
What do YOU think Carolyn should read next? Share your recommendations, plus your thoughts on MY recommendations, in comments!