Hello readers! Grab a blanket and snuggle up to today's episode of What Should I Read Next.
Today's guest is Jamie Durham, a full-time Christian missionary living in Tijuana, Mexico. Jamie and her well-traveled family of 5 have to cross an international border to get to a their nearest library! In this episode, we dive into how this unconventional setup changes the way Jamie approaches her to-be-read list, the dreaded "you have hit your hold limit" library message, reading difficult literature as a Highly Sensitive Person, and more!
Books mentioned in this episode:
• Great Expectations, by Charles Dickens
• The Things They Carried, by Tim O'Brien
• The House on Mango Street, by Sandra Cisneros
• Their Eyes Were Watching God, by Zora Neale Hurston
• Author Jane Austen
• Author Leo Tolstoy
• Author Sarah Addison Allen
• Chronicle of a Death Foretold, by Gabriel García Márquez
• Author Charles Dickens
• Pillars of the Earth, by Ken Follett
• World Without End, by Ken Follett
• The Century trilogy by Ken Follet
• Columbine, by Dave Cullen
• A Mother’s Reckoning: Living in the Aftermath of Tragedy, by Sue Klebold
• Border Odyssey: Travels Along the US/Mexico Divide, by Charles D. Jr. Thompson
• The Nest, by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney
• The Awakening of Miss Prim, by Natalia Sanmartin Fenollera
• The Goldfinch, by Donna Tartt
• The Gilded Years, by Karin Tanabe
• Winter Solstice, by Rosemunde Pilcher
• Wolf Hall, by Hilary Mantel
• Girl Waits with Gun, Amy Stewart
• Lady Cop Makes Trouble, by Amy Stewart
This holiday season, Sock Club is delivering the perfect gift experience. Quality American-made socks are sent straight to your loved-one’s door, featuring different designs and a personal note every month. This is the gift that keeps giving all year long. Visit SockClub.com and get 15% off using discount code READNEXT at checkout.
What do YOU think Jamie should read next? Tell us in comments!