Who's ready for a new episode of What Should I Read Next?
Books discussed in this episode (alphabetically):
Some links are affiliate links, which means at no extra cost to you, you support what we do here on What Should I Read Next. More details here.
• Alexander Hamilton, by Ron Chernow
• All Joy and No Fun: The Paradox of Modern Parenthood, by Jennifer Senior
• Battle Cry of Freedom: The Civil War Era, by James M. McPherson
• The Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother, by Amy Chua
• Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End, by Atul Gawande
• The Fountainhead, by Ayn Rand
• The Girls, Emma Cline
• Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis, by J.D. Vance
• The Harry Potter series, by J.K. Rowling
• The Lovely Bones, by Alice Sebold
• The Nest, by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney
• This is How it Always Is, by Laurie Frankel
• Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln, by Doris Kearns Goodwin
• Tribe: On Homecoming and Belonging, by Sebastian Junger
• Tuck Everlasting, by Natalie Babbitt
• The Underground Railroad, Colson Whitehead
• 11.22.63, by Stephen King
• Pantsuit Politics podcast
• Sarah’s guest post on MMD: "Bundling books & friends, two of my favorite things."
• Hamilton: Cast Recording
• Quote from Natalie Babbitt via Overdue Podcast Ep. 199 - “[People might be surprised to find out] that I believe that writing books is a long way from being important. The most important thing anyone can do is be a teacher. As for those of us who write books, I often think we should all stop for 50 years. There are so many wonderful books to read and not enough time to get around to all of them, but we writers just keep cranking them out. All we can hope for is that readers can find just a little time for them anyway."
ThirdLove is an exciting new lingerie brand that wants to spare you the agony of trying on dozens of bras in the department store dressing room and STILL not getting the right fit. ThirdLove uses real women’s measurements to create better fitting bras. With ThirdLove, you order from your home, they ship to your door. And then YOU decide if the fit is right for you. ThirdLove offers a 100% fit guarantee - returns and exchanges are always free
Try ThirdLove’s best-selling 24/7 T-shirt bra for FREE for 30 days, just cover shipping! Start your trial now.
FabFitFun is a subscription box with premium, full-size fashion, beauty, fitness and lifestyle products. The box comes out once each season, and retails for $49.99 but always has a value over $200. In fact the Fall Box's value is $250!
What Should I Read Next listeners can use coupon code READNEXT to get $10 off their first box. Plus, if you refer a friend, you will get $15 off of your box and their friend will get $10 off their box. Subscribe at fabfitfun.com.
Every month, 52% of kids experience issues like cyberbullying, sexting, and even self-harm. Bark can help. It uses advanced algorithms to detect and alert parents to issues their children face online, and provides expert advice on how to address.
By only showing parents the potentially problematic messages on their children's social media, text messaging, and email accounts, Bark's approach saves parents valuable time and helps build trust between parent and child.
Help protect your child with Bark at www.bark.us. Use promo code READNEXT when you sign up and your first three (3) months are free.
Do YOU have an idea for what Sarah should read next? Tell us in comments!