I love the idea of stocking stuffers, but it’s too easy to feel like the usual items are just highly packaged crap that will be trashed, broken, or forgotten by New Years. It makes my frugal head hurt!
These favorite (and a few unconventional) stocking stuffers won’t make you feel like you’re throwing your money away. Some are inexpensive, some are a little more spendy, but all will actually be used. Choose accordingly.
I personally don’t mind paying a little more for stocking stuffers that aren’t junk. Some of these ideas could be funded straight out of the grocery or clothing budgets.
39 stocking stuffers that are way better than the usual cheap crap
11. Beef jerky. This is my favorite. Or make your own.
12. Trail mix.
13. Drink mixes (hot chocolate, spiced cider, Emergen-C).
14. Pineapple like in this episode of Charlie and Lola. (Or maybe a clementine, pomegranate, or starfruit.)
Fun but useful:
17. Candles. (These are my favorite.)
18. Paper straws and cupcake wrappers.
19. Board books. (My favorite, for young or old.)
20. Slim paperbacks.
21. Book light.
Just for grown-ups:
Tell us your favorite stocking stuffer ideas in comments.
(If you liked this post, would you put it on Pinterest? It’s easy to do with the share button below. Thank you!)
This post contains my affiliate links. Thanks for supporting MMD!