Your Summer Reading Guide
everything you need to know about the 10th annual Modern Mrs Darcy Summer Reading Guide
Hi, I’m Anne. Author, reader, summer reading enthusiast. My goal on Modern Mrs Darcy and What Should I Read Next is to help you find books that are right for you, and the Summer Reading Guide is no different. For ten years, I’ve been pulling together these Summer Reading Guides specifically with the tastes of MMD readers in mind.
I’ve tried to offer fabulous reads that probably aren’t on your radar, as well as my take on hot summer releases. Most importantly I’ve sought to describe these books in such a way that you’ll be able to recognize which books are right for you for the season to come.
Get your guide today!
Let's get ready for summer reading!
Use these graphics to spread the book love! Use these shareable images to post on social media and direct your fellow readers to this page. Find Anne on Instagram @annebogel. Our 2021 Summer Reading Guide hashtags are #mmdsummerreading and #summerreadingguide.
Get the Expanded Edition!
Modern Mrs Darcy Book Club members and What Should I Read Next Patreon members get our expanded guide, including fifteen additional titles, extra book lists, and other fun bonus content. If you’ve ever considered becoming a member, this is an excellent time to jump in.
• Click here to learn more about Book Club, our home for community, classes about the reading life, and monthly reads and author chats.
• Click here to learn more about our What Should I Read Next patreon, where we take listeners closer to the creative process by taking readers behind the scenes of the show, asking them to shape future episodes, sharing weekly bonus episodes, and hosting live events like last week’s Ask Us Anything session.
Need help downloading an image? When you click on the image a larger version will open. You can then right click (or two finger click on a Mac) to open a menu. Then choose “save image as.” On your phone a long hold on the image should give you a menu option to “share.” You can then select which app you want to share from.
Want to print our guide?
Take the Summer Reading Guide file you download to your local printing company and ask them to print a booklet with saddle stitch binding. That just means it will be stapled together. Our final size was 8 1/2 by 11 but you could go smaller if you wish.
We authorize readers to print one copy of the guide for personal use only. We’ve included a permission to that effect in your guide delivery email. If you choose to have the guide professionally printed, that email can serve as our permission for you to do so.
If you’re printing at home, be sure to use a PDF viewer or some of the pictures may not print clearly. We know that Acrobat Reader works well. You can install Acrobat Reader here.
Wondering where your guide is? The Summer Reading Guide was mailed out to existing subscribers Monday May 24th at 9:00 a.m. If you signed up after that time on this page, your guide will be sent immediately afterwards. Please double check your spam folder and search for “Modern Mrs Darcy” in your inbox before inquiring about a missing guide.
- If you’re a new subscriber and don’t get the guide within a few minutes, check your spam folder and your promotions tab.
- If you are an existing subscriber and did not get the email, please search your inbox for “The 10th annual Summer Reading Guide is here!” If the email fails to show up then please search for “Modern Mrs Darcy” and let us know when you last received an email from us, and what the subject line was.
- If you are an existing subscriber and can’t find the guide email in your inbox (per the above step), please re-enter your email address in the signup box on this page. (We’re not entirely sure why this works, but it often does.)
- If you still don’t have it, please email email@example.com and we’ll get you sorted out.
- Finally, email is amazing but an inexact science. Many of the fixes require two real people—one on our end, and one on our email provider’s. The most frequent reason readers don’t receive our emails is because they’ve inadvertently marked our emails as spam. Please make every effort to check your email, search spam, and complete the signup process on your own before asking us where it is.