When my internet friend Carrie Willard (recommended reading!) asked me to share a peak inside my purse for a fun link-up she’s hosting today, I wasn’t sure about the idea. I loved her premise: “Looking into a woman’s purse is a peek into her inner world.” But the contents of my purse are NOT that exciting, y’all.
But then I dumped out the contents on the kitchen floor, and sure enough … I was surprised by what I found. So here goes.
• The Abera Crossbody Tote from fashionABLE, in cognac
• A tiny Field Notes journal (that I haven’t written in in ages).
• Headphones (this JVC Gumy Plus style).
• My wallet, which is a souvenir-of-sorts from my mom’s trip to Italy last year. (Thanks, Mom!)
• A necklace that I’ve been searching for for months!
• My iPhone.
• Altoids and gum, one for me; one for our recovering nail-biter.
• Two business cards: one has been there a week, one has been there for months.
• Gift cards to my local coffee shop.
• Gold chocolate coins, belonging to my children, from our family Christmas dinner. (They’ll be happy I decided to play along with Carrie today!)
• A cake tester my mother-in-law gave me while we were at her house for Christmas, because she had extras, which I promptly forgot about.
• The personal care stuff: Aquaphor (couldn’t live without it), lip balm (from Grove, love their stuff), Ibuprofen (just in case), a long-lost favorite ponytail holder (notice a theme here?), and two perfume samples of unknown origin.
• SEVEN rolls of dental floss, because when my kids were at the pediatric dentist last week our favorite hygienist dumped a handful in my hand, because, in her words, “You can never have enough floss.” (She may be right, but I’m only putting one roll back in my purse!)
What’s in your purse? I’d love to hear about your indispensables, your offbeat favorites, and the just-plain-strange in comments.
P.S. Peek into more purses over at Carrie’s blog, and feel free to share your own contents if you’d like.