Forget those, and go for these 5 quizzes that are actually worth your time.
1. How mindful are you? “Mindfulness” is a big buzzword these days—for good reason. This simple 8-question true/false quiz will help you determine how present you are in your day-to-day routines.
2. You just get me. Determine your defining personality traits by answering 40 easy questions created by psychologists based on the Big Five model of personality. Everyone who completes the quiz gets a personality bubble chart that visually represents your strong and weak personality traits.
3. Are you highly sensitive? Elaine Aron, the researcher who coined the term highly sensitive person, poses 27 simple questions to determine if your nervous system is highly sensitive. If you score 14 or more, you probably are. (Read more about highly sensitive people, and why it’s important.)
4. What is your Myers-Briggs personality type? The MBTI is the mother of all personality tests, and this free 12-minute test is a great way to begin to determine your type. Your answer isn’t gospel: this self-assessment is only a starting point to determine your type—but it’s a great starting point.
5. The WhoAmI? assessment from VisualDNA. Time Magazine calls this “the most useful personality quiz you’ll ever take.” This more robust quiz is also based on the Big 5 profiling methodology, but—unlike most quizzes—this one is image-based, allowing you to choose your answers instinctively instead of debating about the wording. The surprisingly in-depth results are also presented as easy-to-read graphs.
Note: this quiz is fairly long, but you can cut your time invested by 40% if you opt to skip the time-consuming “lifestyle questions” at the prompt.
I’d love to hear about your favorite, genuinely useful personality quizzes, as well as your experience with any of the above, in comments.