I’m doing two things differently for my 2014 goals.
I used PowerSheets to work through my 5 big picture goals for the year. In the past, I’ve focused on making specific, measurable goals but didn’t articulate the view from 30,000 feet (as GTD-ers would say).
With that being said, my 5 big things for 2014 are:
1. To articulate a clear vision for life and work, which will involve some serious exploration of my One Word for 2014.
2. To cultivate a thriving marriage. I feel like we’re in good shape, but it’s entirely possible (ahem) that we’ve been coasting a bit lately.
3. To practice really good self-care. Yes, I feel silly making this a goal for the year, but the older I get the more I realize how completely foundational things like rest, movement, and food and drink are to every single thing I do.
4. To improve my writing skills, online and offline.
5. To cultivate a warm, happy home life, including our homeschool.
On Thursday, I’ll share the specific (but incomplete) goals I’ve made to help me work towards my 5 big picture goals.
***** ***** *****
Reminder: the next Twitterature link-up is tomorrow: Wednesday, January 15. Get your posts ready!