Links I love:
• What happened when I lived according to the Pinterest popular page. This is surprising and funny and relatable. (Language warning.)
• The unbreakable Laura Hillenbrand. Grab a cup of coffee and settle in for this long form piece. It’s worth it. The ending kills me: She said she knew the subject of her next book but wasn’t ready to make it public.
• The New York Times reviews the Serial podcast finale. “A writer for The Guardian has called the fever around the show ‘the Beatlemania of the nebbishy public radio long-form nonfiction world.’ ”
Most popular on the blog:
• The great kindle deals page is hopping this week. Lots of good stuff on sale.
On my nightstand:
(I’m borrowing this great idea from Erin.)
• The Mother Daughter Book Club by Heather Vogel Frederick. I’m reading these with 9-year-old Sarah. This book (#1) in the series makes me want to read Little Women. Maybe that’s next?
• Elements of Style: Designing a Home & a Life by Erin Gates. This design book has good info, beautiful photos, and a nice layout, even if sometimes the writing makes me cringe.
• Before I Go by Colleen Oakley. This book (coming January 6) is getting tons of buzz. My one word review: don’t.
• Italian for Beginners by Kristin Harmel. I picked this up at the library today and might let it jump line.
Have a great weekend!