My favorite finds from around the web:
• Ann Patchett on stealing stories, book tours, and staying off twitter. “Most of the things in this book didn’t actually happen, but the feelings are very close to home. Or, as my mother said, “None of it happened and all of it’s true.”
• My birthday list—20 things I learned this year. Summer reading, saltwater sandals, internet breaks, creativity.
• 6 things we need to do if we love blogs and podcasts. “The truth is, as consumers, we need to do more. Or we’re going to lose a lot of what we love.”
I was on The Global Mom Show this week talking … books, of course. Head here to listen.
On the blog:
• One year ago: 9 campus novels that will totally make you want to go back to school.
• Two years ago: Say it like you mean it. “Say it with confidence, because if you don’t sound confident, why will anybody believe what you say?”
• Three years ago: The single most effective question to ask yourself for better decision making.
Have a great weekend!