Good news, readers! Amazon has a special discount code going right now, perfect for book lovers and book givers: save $5 off a $15 book purchase with the code GIFTBOOK. (Physical books only. Amazon shares details right here.)
I used mine to buy a decidedly un-festive book club pick, but if you’re not sure what to get? These are my recommendations:
• Build your kids’ libraries with these wonderful, beautiful books. My favorite series that I instagram all the time? This is where you’ll find the details. And I know I say kids’ libraries but really, I bought these for me.
• Penguin clothbound classics of your favorite titles. I love these myself and when I’m not sure exactly what to buy with one of these too-good-to-pass-up discount codes, this is my go-to. (Don’t forget this code is good for box sets, too!)
• Coffee table books, arts books, and cookbooks. Those big, expensive books that often push $40? This is a good time to pick one up. (See some of our family favorites here. I also loved Grace Bonney’s new book In the Company of Women, and Vivian Howard’s new (and enormous) Deep Run Roots.
• Christmas books for the family. Especially if you’re doing a bookish Christmas countdown.
• This is a great time of year to pick up a book that will make you a better human, or a hopeful book to turn to when it feels like the world is falling apart.
• Anything you’re hankering to read. Check out the most popular books on the blog this summer here (still wonderful reads for anytime of year), and the hot fall books here.
• For more ideas, check out the MMD 2016 Gift Guide for Book Lovers right here.
Happy reading, everyone!