It's Tuesday, which means a new episode of What Should I Read Next!
If you can't get enough of this podcast you'll be thrilled that today's episode is a bit longer than usual: Caroline and I discuss reading and empathy, Caroline's very favorite genre, why Caroline is so reluctant to talk about books she doesn't like, and her snob-free approach to reading.
Books discussed in this episode:
Some links are affiliate links, which means at no extra cost to you, you support what we do here on What Should I Read Next. More details here.
• The Physician by Noah Gordon
• The Selected Journals of L. M. Montgomery by L. M. Montgomery
• The Girl with All the Gifts by M. R. Carey
• The Passage by Justin Cronin
• The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
• Out of the Dust by Karen Hesse
• Heartbeat by Sharon Creech
• Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson
• Inside Out and Back Again by Thanhha Lai
• Your Own Sylvia by Stephanie Hemphill
• New Found Land by Allan Wolf
• Full Cicada Moon by Marilyn Hilton
• Hour of the Bees by Lindsay Eagar
• Pioneer Girl by William Anderson
• The Reason for God by Timothy Keller
• The Lifeboat by Charlotte Rogan
• Saving Lucas Biggs by David Teague and Marisa de los Santos
• I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
• These Is My Words by Nancy Turner
Also mentioned in this episode:
Grove Collaborative is offering What Should I Read Next listeners a set of free products including free Mrs. Meyer's hand soap, free Mrs. Meyer's dish soap, free walnut scrubber sponges, and free shipping with a first order of $20 or more. Click here to get started with Grove and claim your free goodies.
Try Audible for yourself:
Like the podcast? Your review helps the new show so much!
- Tap/click iTunes or App Store.
- Search for "What Should I Read Next"
- Tap/click on the square picture of the book + headphones
- If you're not signed in, tap Use Existing Apple ID. (If you don't have an Apple ID, tape Create New Apple ID.)
- Select a star rating, enter a title, write your short review, and tap/click Send.