I’ve always tried to share great Kindle deals on facebook and twitter, but there have been so many recently (for summer reading season, perhaps?) I decided to make a permanent page for them here on the blog. View it here.
You can bookmark the page, or visit the blog to check it. I won’t necessarily update it daily. (Sometimes there are great deals to be found, sometimes not.) But if I find something great, I’ll always share it there.
When I share Kindle sales, you always ask how I find them. Here are five ways I find great Kindle deals:
1. I get lucky. I blog about books, and spending time on Amazon is part of my daily workflow. When I pop over to link to a book, check a publication date, or verify a subtitle, sometimes I make a happy discovery. When I happen to find a great sale, I share it with you.
2. The publisher or authors tells me. This is another form of getting lucky. Publishers and authors often plan—or at least know about—Amazon’s Kindle promotions. Some sales last for just a day; some last for weeks. Either way, I’m always happy to get a heads-up so I can pass the information along to you.
3. An MMD reader tells me. You guys are great about sharing the book love. Many of you have been kind enough to share the great deals you’ve found with me, so I can share them with you.
4. I check the ebook deal sites. There are tons of these, as well as daily email services, but the only site I regularly use is eReaderIQ. I’ve found choosing the right filters is important: I typically search for books that are on sale for between $0.99 and $6, and are discounted by at least 10%. I check this site a few times per week.
5. I use the “customers who bought this item also bought…” feature on Amazon. I can’t explain why this works, but it does. I start by searching for a book I love and recommend—making sure I’m searching in the Kindle store—and can quickly page through other books I’m likely to enjoy, with their current prices. There will be a lot of duds in the mix, but I find winners often enough to make the search worthwhile.
If you have any tips or tricks for finding great Kindle deals, please share them in comments!