Today I’m talking with Aaron White, a runner, content developer, INTJ, and married father of two who lives in Minnesota. His taste in books is broad, but he leans towards books with elements of the fantastical.
Aaron's lifetime favorite book will make some of you jump up and cheer, and maybe make some of you yell back at your podcast player (and not in a happy way). We also cover that AWFUL FEELING when you’ve read what feels like a bunch of underwhelming books in a row, and discuss how choosing to add a book to your personal, permanent collection is a Very Big Deal.
Connect with Anne:
Books mentioned in this episode:
Some links are affiliate links, which means at no extra cost to you, you support what we do here on What Should I Read Next. More details here.
• Author Bill Bryson
• Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World has Never Seen, by Christopher McDougall
• The Chronicles of Narnia series, by C.S. Lewis
• The Ocean at the End of the Lane, by Neil Gaiman
• The Lies of Locke Lamora, by Scott Lynch
• Byzantium, by Stephen R. Lawhead
• Jurassic Park, by Michael Crichton
• Author John Grisham
• 11/22/63, by Stephen King
• Oryx and Crake, by Margaret Atwood
• The Handmaid’s Tale, by Margaret Atwood
• Stiletto, by Daniel O’Malley
• The Rook, by Daniel O’Malley
• And Then There Were None, by Agatha Christie
• Murder on the Orient Express, by Agatha Christie
• The Name of the Wind, by Patrick Rothfuss
• Winter’s Tale, by Mark Helprin
• The Golem & The Jinni, by Helene Wecker
• The Night Circus, by Erin Morgenstern
• The Lost City of the Monkey God: A True Story, by Douglas Preston
• Author Lee Child
• The Ruins, by Scott Smith
Thanks to this week's sponsors:
A lot of us learned to love reading by watching LeVar Burton on Reading Rainbow. And now LeVar has a new podcast that recreates that magic for grown-ups: LeVar Burton Reads!
Each episode, LeVar picks one of his favorite short stories, and reads it to you. You can Subscribe to LeVar Burton Reads in Stitcher, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Did you know that women change bra sizes an average of 6 times in their lives? With ThirdLove’s Fit Finder, it only takes 30 seconds to determine the best size and style for your body.
ThirdLove stands behind their products so much that they’re willing to let our listeners try a bra from their 24/7 collection FREE! Just pay $2.99 for shipping. Go to thirdlove.com/readnext to get started today!
What do YOU think Aaron should read next? Let us know in the comments!