Hello readers, it's Tuesday again! That means a fresh episode of What Should I Read Next.
Today I’m happy to welcome Elise Blaha Cripe on to the show, who you may know as the creative professional behind the Get to Work Book planner, her podcast Elise Gets Crafty, her blog, and her beautiful instagram account @elisejoy. Most importantly, Elise is one of those people who can’t NOT talk about books—who loves to be reading, and loves to share what she reads. Today we talk about Elise’s love of big, thick books, the three places she gets her book recommendations, and how the true sign of a great book is if it makes Elise forget she owns a phone.
Books mentioned in this episode:
• The Time Traveller’s Wife, by Audrey Niffenegger
• Love Minus Eighty, by Will McIntosh
• Dark Matter, by Blake Crouch
• Station Eleven, by Emily St. John Mandel
• When Breath Becomes Air, by Paul Kalanithi
• Last Night In Montreal, by Emily St. John Mandel
• Checklist Manifesto, by Atul Gawande
• Being Mortal, by Atul Gawande
• The Nightingale, by Kristin Hannah
• The Fault In Our Stars, by John Green
• I Let You Go, by Clare Mackintosh
• You Will Know Me, by Megan Abbott
• Code Name Verity, by Elizabeth Wein
• The Sparrow, by Mary Doria Russell
• Cutting For Stone, by Abraham Verghese
• The Versions of Us, by Laura Barnett
• The Wife, The Maid, and the Mistress, by Ariel Lawhon
• Every Anxious Wave, by Mo Daviau
• 11/22/63, by Stephen King
• Megan Abbot: "The 'Girl' In The Title: More Than A Marketing Trend" via NPR
• Cup of Jo on "When Breath Becomes Air"
• Books On The Nightstand podcast
• Sliding Doors (movie)
Take care of your meal planning for the whole year RIGHT NOW with a premium PrepDish subscription. That premium subscription includes easy to access meal plan archives, nutrition facts, lots of recipes, and two additional meal plans—the autoimmune protocol plan and the reset plan, which is Whole30 compliant.
The yearly premium subscription is usually $150 but Allison at PrepDish wants to help you kick your year off right, so she’s offering 50% off that premium prescription right now. That makes it $74.50, which is less than $1.50 a week—that's worth it for my family.
Get started now at prepdish.com/readnextpremium, and use the code READNEXTPREMIUM to save 50% on that premium subscription.
Whether you need a landing page, a professional blog, or an online store, Squarespace allows you to create a custom platform where you can make your latest goals into a reality. Start your free trial today, at Squarespace.com and enter offer code READNEXT to get 10% off your first purchase.
What do YOU think Elise should read next? Tell us in comments!