Time to settle in for a freshly brewed episode of What Should I Read Next.
Today I'm delighted to welcome friend and bookstore owner Holland Saltsman to the show. When I first thought of starting a podcast, Holland was one of the very first people I wanted to have on. And she was one of the first people I interviewed for the show. And the audio quality on that recording was so poor (for reasons I still don't understand, although as you'll see, Holland has her theories) I was terrified to give it another go for almost a full year.
Holland is one of my favorite people to talk books with, because she's smart, and funny, and tells it like it is. I've been excited about this one for a long time.
Photo credit: Fresh Art Photography
Books discussed in this episode:
Some links are affiliate links, which means at no extra cost to you, you support what we do here on What Should I Read Next. More details here.
• All The Light You Cannot See, by Anthony Doerr
• Behind Closed Doors, by B.A. Paris
• The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper, by Phaedra Patrick
• Fate & Furies, by Lauren Groff
• The Girl You Left Behind, by JoJo Moyes
• Me Before You, by JoJo Moyes
• The Miniaturist, by Jessie Burton
• The Muse, by Jessie Burton
• The Nest, by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney
• The Nightingale, by Kristin Hannah
• The One-In-A-Million Boy, by Monica Wood
• Present Over Perfect, by Shauna Niequist
• Someone Else’s Love Story, by Joshilyn Jackson
• The Sparrow, by Mary Doria Russell
• Unwind, Neal Shusterman
• The 100 Year Old Man Who Climbed Out The Window And Disappeared, by Jonas Jonasson
Also mentioned in this episode:
Close5 is an eBay marketplace that lets you buy and sell with other users nearby. It’s hyper local: buyers get to set the distance they want to browse in, so you only see items as far as YOU are willing to meet or pick up.
Download Close5 for free in the Apple app store or Google play store today so you can turn your clutter into cash.
The Casper is an obsessively engineered mattress at a shockingly fair price, and buying one is completely risk-free. Casper offers free delivery and free returns to the U.S. and Canada, with a 100-night home trial. If you don’t love it, they’ll pick it up and refund you everything.
Get $50 toward any mattress purchase by visiting www.casper.com/WSIRN and using offer code WSIRN.
Do YOU have an idea for what Holland should read next? Tell us in comments!