Time to settle in for a freshly brewed episode of What Should I Read Next.
Today I’m happy to welcome Melody Warnick to the show. She’s a Blacksburg-based author and a twitter friend of mine, but what really got my attention about Melody’s reading life is that she’s been tracking what she reads in an excel spreadsheet since 2004. If you’re anything like me, that makes you really jealous. If you find that intimidating, don’t worry—Melody’s not at all analytical about choosing what to read next, and I can’t wait for you to here how she approaches a big stack of library books.
Books discussed in this episode:
• This is Where You Belong: The Art & Science of Loving the Place You Live, by Melody Warnick
• Elizabeth is Missing, by Emma Healey
• Still Alice, by Lisa Genova
• The Golem & The Jinni, by Helene Wecker
• The Harry Potter series, by J.K. Rowling
• The Boy Who Harnessed The Wind, by William Kamkwamba
• Mountains Beyond Mountains: The Quest of Dr. Paul Farmer, A Man Who Would Cure The world, by Tracy Kidder
• The Light Between Oceans, by M.L. Stedman
• Life After Life, by Kate Atkinson
• Big Magic, by Elizabeth Gilbert
• The Last American Man, Elizabeth Gilbert
• The Sweetness At The Bottom Of The Pie, by Alan Bradley
• A Night To Remember, by Walter Lord
• Middlemarch, by George Eliot
• The Goldfinch, by Donna Tartt
• Special Topics in Calamity Physics, by Marisha Pessl
• Bellweather Rhapsody, by Kate Racculia
• The Audacity of Hope, by Barack Obama
• I Let You Go, by Clare Mackintosh
• Miller's Valley, Anna Quindlen
• The Excellent Lombards, by Jane Hamilton
• The Power of One, by Bryce Courtenay
• All The Light We Cannot See, by Anthony Doerr
Close5 is an eBay marketplace that lets you buy and sell with other users nearby. It’s hyper local: buyers get to set the distance they want to browse in, so you only see items as far as YOU are willing to meet or pick up.
Download Close5 for free in the Apple app store or Google play store today so you can turn your clutter into cash.
The Casper is an obsessively engineered mattress at a shockingly fair price, and buying one is completely risk-free. Casper offers free delivery and free returns to the U.S. and Canada, with a 100-night home trial. If you don’t love it, they’ll pick it up and refund you everything.
Get $50 toward any mattress purchase by visiting www.casper.com/WSIRN and using offer code WSIRN.
Do YOU have an idea for what Melody should read next? Tell us in comments!