Happy Tuesday everyone! It's time for a new episode of What Should I Read Next.
Today's guest is Anissa Davis, a family physician who lives with her family in California. She likes smart, funny, contemporary fiction with diverse protagonists, and she wants to be blown away by more books.
I think many of you will relate when Anissa says sometimes finding great fiction feels like kissing a lot of frogs before you find your prince. Anissa says she has Very High Standards, so recommending books to her was a privilege—and also kind of terrifying.
Books discussed in this episode:
• I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, by Maya Angelou
• The Accidental Tourist, by Anne Tyler
• Vinegar Girl, by Anne Tyler
• Dinner at the Homesick Restaurant, by Anne Tyler
• Breathing Lessons, by Anne Tyler
• Into Thin Air, by John Krakauer
• Missoula, by John Krakauer
• SuperBetter, by Jane McGonigal
• Gone Girl, by Gillian Flynn
• Me Before You, by JoJo Moyes
• Before The Fall, by Noah Hawley
• The Book of Unknown Americans, by Cristina Henriquez
• How It Went Down, by Kekla Magoon
• Daring Greatly, by Brene Brown
• The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering & Organizing, by Marie Kondo
• Where'd You Go Bernadette, by Maria Semple
• Be Frank With Me, by Julia Claiborne Johnson
• Wave, by Sonali Deraniyagala
• Homegoing, by Yaa Gyasi
• The Mothers, by Brit Bennett
Close5 is an eBay marketplace that lets you buy and sell with other users nearby. It’s hyper local: buyers get to set the distance they want to browse in, so you only see items as far as YOU are willing to meet or pick up.
Download Close5 for free in the Apple app store or Google play store today so you can turn your clutter into cash.
Prep Dish is a healthy subscription-based meal planning service. When you sign up, you’ll receive an email every week with a grocery list and instructions for prepping your meals ahead of time. After a couple of hours on the weekend, you’ll have all of your meals ready for the entire week. Choose from gluten-free, paleo, auto-immune protocol, or the Whole 30-compliant reset plan.
Prep Dish’s founder Allison is giving What Should I Read next listeners a free two-week trial. To get started and get this amazing deal click here to go the PrepDish site and use the code READNEXT to get your free two-week trial. You can’t beat that!
Do YOU have an idea for what Anissa should read next? Tell us in comments!