It's Tuesday, which means a new episode of What Should I Read Next!
Today’s guest is Amy Johnson. Amy grew up in a big family in a small town in rural Colorado. (How small was that town? Amy says there were literally more books in her home than people in her town.) These days, Amy lives in Salt Lake City with her family, and describes herself as an ISTJ Type A Upholder. She’s read a ton, and choosing books for her was a joy and a challenge.
Books discussed in this episode:
• The Boys in the Boat by James Daniel Brown
• Navigating Early by Claire Vanderpool
• Moon Over Manifest by Claire Vanderpool
• Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
• State of Wonder by Ann Patchett
• Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
• Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
• Peter Nimble and His Fantastic Eyes by Jonathan Auxier
• The Monuments Men: Allied Heroes, Nazi Thieves and the Greatest Treasure Hunt in History by Robert M. Edsel
• Neither Here Nor There: Travels in Europe by Bill Bryson
• When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalinithi
• The One-in-a-Million Boy by Monica Wood
• Seabiscuit: An American Legend by Laura Hillenbrand
• Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand
• The Marvels by Brian Selznick
• The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
• Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
Today's episode is sponsored by Around the World Stories.
Around the World Stories brings multicultural education into your home in a fun and memorable way. Children greatly benefit from learning about the world they live in and audio stories are one of the best ways to teach them. Lessons come and go, but a good story sticks.
Each original audio story is aimed at kids aged 4 to 10, and focuses on the adventures of children from other cultures. Each weekly story comes a parent guide with country-specific background, discussion points and activities to continue the conversation at home.
To find out more—and to try a free MONTH of stories—visit AroundTheWorldStories.com and use the code READNEXT to get started.
Today's episode is also sponsored by Hooked on Phonics.
With Hooked On Phonics, your child will learn to read, guaranteed!
Download the Hooked on Phonics app FREE from iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon today, or visit Hooked on Phonics online for an exclusive offer.
Do YOU have an idea for what Amy should read next? Tell us in comments!