It's Tuesday, which means a new episode of What Should I Read Next!
Today’s guest is Andrea Griffith. Andrea is a former medical librarian, mom of two daughters, and independent bookstore owner, and she came to me with a plea: she misses reading at whim, is craving depth, and wants help finding great books that aren't relentlessly new, new, new.
As you can imagine, I resonated so much with this request and was more than happy to help.
Books discussed in this episode:
• A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara
• My Name Is Lucy Barton by Elizabeth Strout
• Sweetbitter by Stephanie Danler
• Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee
• LaRose: A Novel by Louise Erdrich
• Modern Lovers by Emma Straub
• The Girls by Emma Cline
• The Quotidian Mysteries: Laundry, Liturgy, and Women's Work by Kathleen Norris
• Gilead by Marilynne Robinson
• Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
• The Secret History by Donna Tartt
• Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
• In Short Measures: Three Novellas by Michael Ruhlman
• The Making of a Chef: Mastering Heat at the Culinary Institute of America by Michael Ruhlman
• Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
• Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry
• Hannah Coulter by Wendell Berry
• Lila by Marilynne Robinson
Today's episode is sponsored by Ibotta.
Ibotta is the hot new app that puts cash in your pocket every time you shop. No promo codes, no coupons. Download the Ibotta app for free from the app store and get $10 just for trying it with the code READ.
Today's episode is also sponsored by Audible.
Audible.com is offering What Should I Read Next listeners a free 30 day trial membership. Click here to start your free trial today.
Do YOU have an idea for what Andrea should read next? Tell us in comments!