It's not Tuesday, but today we have a special Friday bonus episode of What Should I Read Next!
For today’s bonus episode we have a very special guest: my 8 year old daughter Lucy. Lucy lives in Louisville, Kentucky with her mom (me!) and her dad and her three siblings (two older, one younger). She’s a third grader who loves music, sports, and all kinds of animals, and her picks today are going to remind you about all the books that made YOU first fall in love with reading.
Books discussed in this episode:
Some links are affiliate links, which means at no extra cost to you, you support what we do here on What Should I Read Next. More details here.
• The Mother Daughter Book Club series by Heather Vogel Frederick
• Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell
• Zia by Scott O'Dell
• The Lemonade War by Jacqueline Davies
• Muggie Maggie by Beverly Cleary
• The Ramona books by Beverly Cleary
• Dear Pen Pal by Heather Vogel Frederick
• Wish You Were Eyre by Heather Vogel Frederick
• Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
• Miracle on 34th Street by Valentine Davies
• The Little House series by Laura Ingalls Wilder
• Gone-Away Lake by Elizabeth Enright
• Betsy-Tacy by Maud Hart Lovelace
• Roller Girl by Victoria Jamieson
Also mentioned in this episode:
This episode is sponsored by Book of the Month.
Every month a panel of five judges each chooses a book they love; subscribers pick one from that curated list and get it shipped straight to their door with free shipping. It's a fun, convenient, and affordable way to discover books you might not find otherwise.
If you're not interested in any of the selections, you can skip that month.
Book of the Month has a special deal for What Should I Read Next listeners: get 50% off a new 3-month subscription with the code REFER50. That means you get 3 new hardcovers for $7.50 each.
Can't pick just one? Subscribers can order additional titles each month for $9.99 each. (Free shipping is always included.)
Today's episode is sponsored by Audible. Click here to try Audible for yourself today and get two free audiobooks with your free 30-day trial.
Don't forget to follow @whatshouldireadnext on instagram!
What books did you love when you were eight years old? Do YOU have an idea for what Lucy should read next? Tell us in comments!