It's Tuesday, which means a new episode of What Should I Read Next!
Today's guest is Grace Martin, a 12-year-old bibliophile who lives with her family outside Chicago. Grace loves Harry Potter, dystopian novels, and strong plotting and she’s incredibly well spoken about her taste in literature. I also chat a bit with Grace’s mom Lara about raising readers and helping kids choose good books for themselves.
Books discussed in this episode:
Some links are affiliate links, which means at no extra cost to you, you support what we do here on What Should I Read Next. More details here.
• Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
• Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J. K. Rowling
• The Martian by Andy Weir
• The Warriors Series by Erin Hunter
• Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer
• Hoot by Carl Hiaasen
• Divergent by Veronica Roth
• All Summer in a Day by Ray Bradbury
• Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
• The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker
• Ultraviolet by R. J. Anderson
• Wednesday Is Indigo Blue: Discovering the Brain of Synesthesia by David Eagleman
This episode is sponsored by Book of the Month.
Every month a panel of five judges each chooses a book the love; subscribers pick one from that curated list and get it shipped straight to their door with free shipping. It's a fun, convenient, and affordable way to discover books you might not find otherwise.
If you're not interested in any of the selections, you can skip that month.
Book of the Month has a special deal for What Should I Read Next listeners: get 50% off a new 3-month subscription with the code READNEXT. That means you get 3 new hardcovers for $7.50 each.
Can't pick just one? Subscribers can order additional titles each month for $9.99 each. (Free shipping is always included.)
Try Audible for yourself:
Like the podcast? Your review helps the new show so much!
- Tap/click iTunes or App Store.
- Search for "What Should I Read Next"
- Tap/click on the square picture of the book + headphones
- If you're not signed in, tap Use Existing Apple ID. (If you don't have an Apple ID, tape Create New Apple ID.)
- Select a star rating, enter a title, write your short review, and tap/click Send.
Follow @whatshouldireadnext on instagram.
Get even more book recommendations by signing up for the WSIRN newsletter.
Do YOU have an idea for what Grace should read next? Leave her a recommendation in comments!